I don’t know you have heard this white bean and turnip green soup or not but believe me this soup will improve the taste of your meal. This is a vegetarian soup recipe and here we gonna use a mixture of different veggies like carrot, potatoes, turnips etc. So let’s learn this recipe.
Ingredients For White Bean And Turnip Green Soup:
- 4 to 5 cups of water
- Beans 1 and a half cup
- 1 chopped potato in cubes
- 1 chopped carrot
- 3 spoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped
- 250 gm turnips chopped
- 1 spoon red chili powder
- Capsicum chopped
- Half spoon chili flakes
- Half spoon black pepper powder
- 1 spoon chopped cilantro for garnishing
How To Make White Bean And Turnip Green Soup:
- Wash beans and allow it to soak for overnight with water, yogurt, and lime juice mixture.
- Now drain it and add it in a saucepan with 4 to 5 cups of water, bring it to boil then allow it to simmer for 1 hour on low flame until beans tender.
- Off the flame and allow it to set aside.
- Now heat the large saucepan on medium flame with olive oil, add chopped onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After that add chopped carrots, garlic, turnips, potato saute the mixture then add red chili powder, black pepper powder, chili flakes with the beans with it’s cooking fluid.
- Now bring this mixture to boil on low flame, cover it and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Off the flame here is our white bean and turnip green soup is ready to serve.
Read: Oatmeal Soup Recipe
Take it out in a serving bowl and sprinkle some chopped cilantro and season it with salt and black pepper, enjoy your soup. Also, learn to cook more easy and tasty soup recipe with millionvisitars>>>