Mulligatawny Soup is an Indian origin soup which also knows as a ‘pepper water’. It’s little hard to pronounce 😛 . This is a completely vegetarian soup in this we gonna use tomatoes, onions, lentils, coconut milk and other and other ingredients which make this tastier. So, let’s learn this tasty recipe.
Ingredients For Mulligatawny Soup:
- Cumin 2 spoon
- 2 spoon coriander seeds
- 2 spoon fennel
- Half spoon fenugreek seeds
- Cinnamon bark 1
- Half spoon garam masala powder
Ingredients For Soup:
- Half cup lentils
- Half cup chopped onion
- Chopped carrots
- Half inch ginger piece
- 1 spoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 spoon oil
- Tomatoes half cup chopped
- 2-3 spoon boiled/cooked rice
- Coconut milk half cup
- Turmeric powder
- Chopped cilantro
How To Make Mulligatawny Soup:
Cooking method for masala:
- In a pan add all ingredients and roast them without oil.
- After that grind it and make a powder mixture & Kept it aside.
Cooking method for soup:
- First, in a pressure cooker preheat the oil then add ginger, garlic, onion, carrots, and roast them for couples of a minute.
- In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, masala powder which we have made then add turmeric powder, lentils, and 2-3 cups of water. mix well and cook till you will get 2 whistles.
- After that allow this mixture to slight cool, then grind it and make it smooth like a puree.
- Put this puree in a pan & add salt, lime juice, a spoon of cooked rice and coconut milk. Now cook this mixture for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame, stir in between.
- Here is our Mulligatawny Soup is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped cilantro and lime then serves hot.
Here is the another way to cook Mulligatawny Soup in simplest way watch out this video>>>