Simit is a Turkish bread which is encrusted with poppy seeds, flax seeds or with sesame seeds. So let’s learn Turkish simit bread recipe from the middle east, I hope you will love it so let’s learn.
Total Time: 1 hr
Ingredients For Turkish Simit Bread:
- Maida flour 2 and a half cups
- Half spoon salt
- 4 to 5 spoon sesame seeds
- Half spoon yeast
- 5 spoon maple syrup
- 2 spoon sugar powder
- Half cup milk
How To Make Turkish Simit Bread:
- First in a bowl add a 2-3 spoon of water, yeast, and a half spoon of sugar powder and mix well and kept aside.
- Now in another bowl sieve 1-2 spoon caster sugar, flour, salt and add yeast mixture and mix well.
- After that adding milk and water mix well then knead it into the dough.
- Dust some flour on the dough and stretch it, then cover it with a muslin cloth and leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- Now roast the sesame for 5-7 minutes and allow it to cool and kept aside.
- In a medium size, bowl add maple syrup and 2 spoons of water then mix well.
- Spread flour and knead the dough and divide it into few equal parts.
- Roll the dough into long strips, fold edges together and twist it.
- Dust the baking tray with flour. Dip the bread rolls in maple syrup then coat it with roasted sesame.
- Place it on baking tray cover with a muslin cloth and bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Here is our Turkish simit bread is ready, Read more easy and tasty recipes>>>