Usually, we all eat rice but having jeera rice (cumin rice) in meal improves the taste of rice. Jeera rice or Zeera rice is an Indian recipe which consists jeera and rice. This Indian recipe is very straightforward to prepare. So without wasting any time let’s learn jeera rice recipe.
Ingredients For Jeera Rice Recipe:
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- 3 spoons ghee
- 1 spoon jeera (cumin)
- 1 lime
- 5 to 7 black pepper
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon piece
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriander
- 2 cardamom
How To Make Jeera Rice Recipe:
- To make jeera rice first clean the jeera rice then wash them, then soak the rice for 30 minutes in water. After that sieve the water and wash it again.
- Now in a deep pan preheat the ghee then add jeera (cumin) after that add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and roast for a while.
- After that add rice into the pan and cook it for a while, then add 2 cups of water and add salt as per your taste also add some lime juice on above.
- Mix well and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes on slow flame. mix in between.
- Check the rice if water remains, if remains then cook it for a while after that off the flame, cover it and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Here is our tasty jeera rice recipe is ready to serve, sprinkle some chopped cilantro on above and serve.