Here is the recipe for “Easy French Onion Soup”, this french soup which is mainly based on meat stock like chicken stock or beef stock. Here we will learn this recipe in restaurant style so that you can win the heart of your loved one easily. So let’s learn this classic French onion soup.
Read: Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Ingredients For Easy French Onion Soup:
- 3-4 cups sweet onions vertically sliced
- 2 to 3 spoon oil
- 2 cups red onion thin sliced
- Half spoon black pepper powder
- Sugar 1 spoon
- A 5-7 spoon of white wine
- 6 to 8 cups meat broth
- 1 spoon chopped thyme
- 7 to slices of swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 french bread slices
How To Make Easy French Onion Soup:
- First, preheat the oil in the pan in the medium flame then add onions and saute it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add sugar, black pepper powder, a pinch of a salt stir, cook it on a slow flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now increase the flame on high then add white wine stir and cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- After that add broth and thyme then bring it to boil, cover it and reduce the flame and let it simmer for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the bread on a single layer baking sheet and broil until it gets toasted.
- In an oven proof bowl ladle the 1 cup of soup in each bowl.
- Now divide bread evenly among the bowls, layer each serving bowl with one Swiss cheese slice.
- Broil it for 2-3 minutes or until cheese gets slightly brown.
Here is our “Classic Easy French Onion Soup” Is Ready to serve to sprinkle some chopped thyme on above and serve, Read more easy and tasty soup recipes>>>