Howdy Foodie, Hither we will learn how to cook Mushroom Barley Soup at home with the easiest way. This soup is very tasty and easy to make, You can also cook this soup especially for winter season.
To make this soup we need the whole barley to soaked for couples of the hour. If you don’t have enough time then you can do this step> In 2-3 cups of water add barley and bring to boil for 20-30 minutes. Make sure our barley become soft.
When barley gets cool it absorbs the more liquid so it’s better you serve it hot otherwise out soup becomes thicker. So let’s see how to make vegetarian mushroom barley soup.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Serve: 3-4 people
Ingredients For Mushroom Barley:
- Half cup barley soaked
- 200 gm mushrooms better if sliced
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 spoon chopped/diced carrot
- Chopped celery 2 spoon
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 spoon chopped thyme
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 spoon olive oil
Read: Mushroom Soup Recipe
How To Make Vegetarian Mushroom Barley Soup:
- First, we need soaked barley it makes easy to digest.
- In a soup pot preheat the oil on medium flame.
- Then add garlic and onion and saute the mixture till it gets little brown color.
- After that add celery, chopped carrots, mushroom and cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add vegetable stock, barley, black pepper, and salt mix the mixture well and boil.
- Now reduce the heat and cover it make our barley softer left it for 10 minutes.
- On above add fresh thyme and cook again for 5-7 minutes uncovered on slow flame.
- Take it out in a serving bowl garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve with toast if desired.
- Here is our Creamy Mushroom Barley Soup Is ready To Serve.