A good and yummy recipe for those who are having diabetes, here we are going to learn how to make barley porridge a diabetic breakfast recipe.A good source of nutrients with health many health benefits. This is a sugar-free Diabetic Breakfast Recipe.
You can easily get barley in your nearest supermarket store with other ingredients which we need.
Porridge is the type of dish made with crushed or chopped starchy plants. This porridge helps to control your blood sugar level in the body also improves your digestive system to keep your stomach healthy and clean.
Barley porridge is much lower in calories than oatmeal. Also, holds a good amount of other nutrients value that can improve your health factors by consuming this yummy and tasty porridge.
Time: 20 minutes
Serve: 3-4 people
Ingredients We Need For Barley Porridge:
- 500 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Half spoon agave nectar a natural sweetener
- 100 gm barley flakes
- 1 spoon cinnamon powder
- 1 spoon vanilla essence
- 1 spoon sultanas/raisins
- 2 spoon almond flakes
- 2 spoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 spoon sunflower seeds
- 2 spoon blueberries if desired
- 1pinch of ground nutmeg
How To Make Barley Porridge:
- First heat the milk with agave nectar (sweetener), vanilla essence and bring it boil.
- Then place the barley flakes and sultanas in the pan and cook on low flame for 10 minutes, stir the mixture between till it becomes thick.
- After that toast, the sunflower seeds, almond flakes, and pumpkin seeds in a pan until they become light brown.
- Here is our diabetic breakfast recipes is ready to serve.
- Take it out in a serving bowl and if desired garnish it with blueberries.
Fat: 15 gm
Carbohydrates: 35 gm
Fiber: 6.3 gm
Protein: 12.4 gm
Saturated Fat: 7 gm
This is a good recipe for those who are having diabetes If you like this simple recipe then please share this also read our more diabetic breakfast recipe.